Chapman Graduate School of Business
11200 SW 8th Street CBC 200
Miami, Florida 33199
At A Glance
Located in Miami, Florida, The Graduate School of Business is characterized by its rich active learning environment extending beyond the classroom, into the surrounding community, and across borders. Miami is recognized worldwide as the "Gateway to the Americas"; students enrolled in the programs are completely immersed in this world-class trade and commerce hub. The school has made significant investments over the past years in the fields of information technology, international business and entrepreneurship, helping it to gain national recognition in those strategic areas.
Campus and Location
The Graduate School is located on the 344-acre campus of Florida International University, featuring lush tropical landscaping and impressive architecture. Strategically located in Miami, a truly global metropolis, Florida International University has the advantage of being at the center of it all. The school brings together people from all over the world with a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and cultures to create a unique learning environment. Our tropical weather means students can enjoy year-round sporting and recreation activities from boating and water sports to tennis and golf.
Programs and Curriculum
FIU’s Graduate School of Business offers top-quality academic programs leading to an MBA:
- The one-year, full-time International MBA is completed in four quarters. Students complete all core courses, including a foreign language (Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, or advanced business English) during the fall, winter, and spring quarters, leaving the summer quarter free to do a business internship, take specialization courses at FIU, or study abroad with academic partners in Latin America, Europe, and even China.
- The Executive MBA is designed for mid- to senior-level executives.
- The Professional MBA offers a lock-step program with classes held on Saturdays.
- The Flex MBA offers students a flexible program with an alternating schedule of online and face-to-face classes.
- The Corporate MBA is an online program that allows students to set their own pace and convenience by choosing the time and location of their coursework.
- The Healthcare MBA is designed for individuals who want to advance in the field of healthcare.
In addition to the array of choices for an MBA, the school offers MS degrees in the areas of finance, human resource management, international business, international real estate, management information systems, and taxation; as well as a Master of Accounting and a PhD. Most programs are designed for the working professional with classes being held on weekends or in the evenings. With world-renowned faculty and business leaders sharing their expertise, students receive a top-notch education preparing them for an ever-changing, global business environment.
A dynamic force for excellence within Miami’s only public, multi-campus research university. The dedicated, multicultural faculty of more than 100 in the College of Business Administration includes seven Eminent Scholars and a cadre of internationally distinguished experts in international business, information systems, operations research, knowledge management, e-commerce, international banking and trade, financial derivatives, consumer marketing and research, global marketing, human resource management, and corporate responsibility. The faculty brings a wealth of corporate and entrepreneur experiences to the classroom, combining practical knowledge with theory. As a result, this creates a dynamic and challenging learning experience for students.
Accreditation and Recognition
The Chapman Graduate School is accredited by AACSB and is consistently ranked as one of the top international business schools by Bloomberg Businessweek, Financial Times, U.S.News & World Report, América Economía, and CNNExpansion, among others.
Particular program-specific requirements are listed on our program web sites, which are accessible at: http://businessadmissions.fiu.edu. To be eligible for admission, prospective student must hold a Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited institution and a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 in upper division courses (last 60 credit hours). Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions are required to be submitted in a sealed university envelope. Applications and more information can be found online at http://gradschool.fiu.edu.