DISTANCE LEARNING EDUCATION
The Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Distance Learning program is an integral part of the Extended Campus College of Career Education (CCE). Distance learning provides an opportunity for students whose schedules or geographic location would otherwise prevent them from pursuing a higher education degree in aviation and aerospace.
Distance learning eliminates a major barrier that keeps many adults from advancing their education — fitting campus-based classes into their busy schedules. Distance learning provides convenience and flexibility.
The program supports and connects learners through online support groups, e-mail discussion forums, an online help desk, and online bookstores. Distance learners find faculty to be accessible, supportive, and as helpful as they are in our classrooms. This online format develops a sense of community among the students and keeps them from feeling isolated.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is the world’s oldest, largest, and most prestigious university specializing in aviation and aerospace. It is the only regionally accredited aviation-oriented university in the world.
- Embry-Riddle has residential campuses in Daytona Beach, Florida, and Prescott, Arizona, as well as an Extended Campus dedicated to providing educational opportunities to working adults worldwide.
- The Extended Campus includes the College of Career Education's classroom and distance learning operations. The College has more than 130 learning centers in 37 states and five European nations.
- Embry-Riddle has more than 42,000 alumni working in all areas of the aviation and aerospace industry, including seven astronauts, a former U.S. congressman, and a former White House Fellow.
- Embry-Riddle has offered distance-learning programs for more than 20 years.
- Over 18,000 students are currently enrolled in Embry-Riddle’s Extended Campus.
- 94 percent of Embry-Riddle students are employed within six months of graduation with an average starting salary $1,000 above the national average.
- Embry-Riddle awards credit toward a student's chosen degree program, based upon previous education, professional experience, and military accomplishments.
Selection of Extended Campus faculty is based on academic credentials and professional experience. Emphasis is given to aviation relevance and knowledge and understanding of current information and issues. Appointment and certification are determined in accordance with the criteria and standards followed throughout the University
Accreditations and Affiliations
Embry-Riddle is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, Telephone: 404-679-4501) to award degrees at the associate, bachelor’s, and master’s levels.
Website: www.erau.edu/ads/nw2 Phone: 800-359-3728 E-Mail: