KK Women's and Children's Hospital (KKH) is the only integrated women's and children's hospital in Singapore. We have 150 years of experience in caring for women and children. Being a Joint Commission International-accredited hospital, we focus on patient-centred care and clinical outcomes. The 830-bed hospital offers a full range of tertiary services in obstetrics and gynaecology; breast health; otolaryngology; orthopaedics; plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery; mental health; sports medicine and colorectal surgery; paediatric medicine and paediatric surgery; palliative care for women and children through its 350 specialists combined with some of the most advanced medical technology. Each year, it delivers one third of the total number of babies born in Singapore; and records approximately 64,000 inpatient admissions and over 3,000 outpatient visits. It is also a teaching hospital affiliated to the National University of Singapore.
Women's Hospital Highlights
- Tertiary referral centre for high-risk obstetrics
- KK Gynaecological Cancer Centre - an accredited training centre with the Royal Australian-New Zealand College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology in gynaecologic oncology
- KK Urogynaecology Centre - a one-stop Urogynaecology Centre offering holistic treatment of female urinary dysfunction and pelvic floor disorders
- KKIVF Centre - a leading infertility centre in South-East Asia
- The hospital's perinatal mortality rate of 4.6 per 1,000 live births and neonatal mortality rate of 1.99 per 1,000 live births are rated in the league of leading centres in the world.
Children's Hospital Highlights
- Tertiary referral centre for paediatric bone marrow transplants and open-heart surgery
- Children's Cancer Centre
- Children's ENT Centre
- Children's Emergency Transport Service (CHETS)
- Cleft and Cranofacial Centre
- Largest Children's Emergency in Singapore, catering to children up to 16 years old
To demonstrate our care for patients and their family members, we also offer a Family Room to help families stay near patients. Family members can now stay with the patients, as the Family Room has attached bedrooms, dining area, pantry, library, children's playroom, TV lounge and an Internet corner. Patients can also keep tabs with the outside world constantly as our wards and in-house retail mall enable wireless internet surfing.
Our newer centers include:
KK Breast Centre
The KK Breast Centre is a one-stop centre fully dedicated to looking after breast health. First in Singapore to house a state-of-the-art breast imaging centre, this setup enables women to have their digital mammography, breast ultrasonography, surgical consultation, minimally invasive biopsies and procedures all under one roof, and with quick turnaround time.
The center also houses the first FDA approved digital computerised mammography plate system combined with computer-aided detection to detect breast cancers that are at the earliest stages or may be hidden by dense tissue. With digital mammography, more cancers can be detected earlier.
KK Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) Centre
KK MIS Centre is a premier and specialised gynaecological centre with experienced professional expertise in Endoscopic (Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic) surgery. The one-stop centre is equipped with the state-of-the-art facilities for both outpatient and inpatient procedures.
Introducing niche services by an internationally trained team of laparoscopic surgeons, you can be expected to be treated in our world-class operating theatre complex with equipment at the forefront of technology.
We perform minimally invasive surgery for conditions such as:
- Uterine Fibroids
- Ovarian cysts
- Abnormal bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Reversal of sterilization
- Tubal surgery