Who we are
- Burzynski Clinic is a cancer center located in Houston, Texas, established in 1977 by S.R. Burzynski, MD, PhD, a doctor and biochemist conducting advanced scientific research on cancer for over 30 years
- We specialize in Personalized Medicine and genetic approach to treat cancer
- We provide approved targeted therapies: cutting edge, non-surgical, low-toxic cancer treatment regimens selective for cancer cells
- We offer personalized cancer treatment plans based on identification of genes involved in cancer in individual patients
- For over 30 years we have been treating over 50 different types of advanced malignancies, including high grade brain tumors, breast, ovarian, colon, prostate, lung, head and neck, kidney, lymphoma, malignant melanoma, and many others.
Our Approach to Cancer: Personalized Medicine
For many years our scientists and physicians have been trying to understand why some patients respond to similar cancer treatments better than others. Recent biochemical and genetic studies indicate that there is a strong link between patient’s gene expression and the effectiveness of a cancer treatment. A new direction in medicine, called Personalized Medicine, tries to identify these relations through detection of genes involved in cancer.
Burzynski Clinic develops individual cancer treatment plans based on the unique gene expression of each patient. Our goal is to match the right patient with the right treatment to achieve maximum effectiveness with minimum side effects.
How does the Personalized Treatment Work?
The individual treatment plan is developed for each patient based on the results of the oncogene testing of their blood samples or pathology specimens.
The oncogene testing (genetic markers testing) enables us to assess patient’s potential response to the therapy. Patients with a number of over-expressed oncogenes have the best chance to respond positively to treatment. Under direct supervision of Dr. S.R. Burzynski our clinical team evaluates all available treatment options and determines the most suitable treatment program for each patient.
Comprehensive Targeted Therapies
Targeted therapies use drugs that selectively block the growth and spread of cancer. Targeted cancer therapies interfere with cancer cell growth differently than cytotoxic chemotherapy and at various points during the development, growth, and spread of cancer. By switching off the signals that make cancer cells grow and divide uncontrollably, targeted cancer therapies can help to stop the growth of cancer cells.
Over the past few years, the FDA has approved a number of targeted therapies for several cancer types. Almost every month new drugs are approved for use in the pharmaceutical industry. We make sure that the most advanced and cutting-edge approved targeted therapies are available to our patients.
Individual Patient Care
We believe the success of the treatment is determined not only by the effectiveness of the cancer therapy but also by the quality of the patient's life during and after the treatment.
We offer individual patient care throughout the whole treatment - it continues after the patient returns home and resumes care under their local physician until the treatment is completed.
Leaving Cancer Behind
Complete response for 15 years
Mary Jo, 57
Complete response for 14 years
Complete response for 26 years